Head of Digital Marketing
Up to £75K (DOE)
We do things a little differently at Sagittarius. We're in the business of creating successful brands through high performance digital strategies, but it's our culture that sets us apart, and that is 100% driven by our people.
We're a bit loud, pretty relaxed, extraordinarily collaborative and we are constantly trying new technology and integrating the really good stuff. We start our day with a “stand-up” as a whole team – sharing successes and offering each other solutions for the day ahead. We have strong relationships with our clients and have (virtual) beers in the office on a Friday, and all sorts of online get-togethers and shenanigans (if that’s your thing..?). Most importantly we invest in our teams skill sets with supported training and certification and we have a commitment to promoting from within and developing you for your future.
Our teams are positive, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and really comfortable with the internal and external collaboration that is core to our business. A desire to constantly expand your skillset should be equally important to you!
Purpose of Role
To lead and grow the Experience Marketing function, part of the wider Experience Team. To be responsible and accountable for the successful promotion, development and progression of our Marketing offering to clients and prospects. To work closely with the CXO on the progression of our ambition to create experiences that convert by running a team of specialists that drive forward our leading-edge thinking across Data, Strategy, Multi-channel marketing and Content.
The post holder will be the senior point of contact for the Experience Marketing team and responsible for:
- Leading and nurturing the Experience Marketing team to provide the utmost value to new and existing clients.
- Driving the commercial growth of the division to deliver turnover and profitability targets, and
- competitiveness, in line with the agency’s strategic vision, mission and objectives.
- Helping to identify and convert new business opportunities for the Experience Marketing team.
- Working closely as part of the Senior Management team to help drive the success of the agency, supporting Sagittarius’ leadership team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Take ownership of and evolve an effective strategy for growth and delivery of remarkable day-to-day Experience Marketing team outputs.
- Ensure Experience Marketing team resource levels are maintained in order to deliver against and exceed client expectations profitably.
- Carry out competitor benchmarking to ensure Sagittarius’ Experience Marketing team is competing effectively.
- Help to identify new Experience Marketing products and services Sagittarius can offer to existing and new clients - map out the details and plan how they can be sold and value to our offering.
- Report on all Experience Marketing team activities to the Chief Experience Officer, including commercials (P&L) and forecasting.
- Work closely with other heads of departments to drive collaboration and innovation internally and across the agency’s client base.
- Represent and raise awareness of Sagittarius’ Experience Marketing offering internally and at industry events and conferences.
- Contribute and/or lead the process to win new Experience Marketing business.
- Ensure the Experience Marketing team are proactively cooperating and integrating with other parts of the business.
- Responsible for continual business improvements within the Experience Marketing team, guarding the quality and consistency of our output against Sagittarius’ ‘performance guaranteed’ positioning.
- Define processes for delivering efficiency and excellence for both Sagittarius and their Experience
- Marketing clients.
- Help to create a clear and market leading Sitecore Experience Marketing offering along with other HOs, whilst also being flexible enough to be tech agnostic, giving Sagittarius full market access.
- At least 7 years’ marketing experience
- Client facing background, ideally from an digital agency is preferred
- Proven experience and understanding of running successful multi-channel and omni-channel marketing campaigns
- Proven experience of growing a commercially sound marketing function
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with Sitecore would be a bonus, but not essential
- Experience creating and/or evolving client reporting and data dashboarding for insights
- Inspire a team, spot and develop potential
- Good motivator, empathetic and patient
- Multitask with a proactive and a can do attitude
- Enthusiastic and highly organised
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Aspirational, raise the bar and facilitate positive change
- Dynamic and solution focussed
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Ability to spot growth opportunities with a sound commercial acumen
- A formal marketing qualification at degree or masters level.
- Analytical mind with the ability to handle, analyse and interpret data primarily from various sources such as web analytics.
- Awarded/Qualified by the relevant bodies – for example, institutes like CIM, IDM, IOD or vendors like Microsoft, Google, Sitecore etc.
- Confident in public speaking in a range of settings and audiences.
- Highly literate and able to communicate complex concepts or strategies to a range of audiences.
- Technical Skills
- To have a sound knowledge of agency business tools - from CRM to Invoicing and the technical skills to capture and report on data and management information. You’ll have the choice of working on PC or Mac operating systems (Windows, OS X).
As a minimum we’d expect you to have a good understanding of the tools your team use:
- Google/Sitecore analytics
- Google Marketing Platform tools
- Facebook / LinkedIn / Twitter / Instagram / TikTok etc
- Supermetrics / Data Studio / PowerBI / Tableau
- Response Tap
- Atlassian Suite
- Microsoft 365 suite - crucially Powerpoint
- G-suite for day-to-day admin
- Collaboration tools - Slack, Miro etc
Bonus Skills though not essential:
- CRO/Testing tools inc Hotjar, Sessioncam etc
- Adobe analytics
- Video editing experience
- Adobe Creative Suite