We do things a little differently at Sagittarius. We're in the business of creating successful brands through high performance digital strategies, but it's our culture that sets us apart, and that is 100% driven by our people.
We're a bit loud, pretty relaxed, extraordinarily collaborative and we are constantly trying new technology and integrating the really good stuff. We start our day with a “stand-up” as a whole team – sharing successes and offering each other solutions for the day ahead. We have strong relationships with our clients and have (virtual) beers in the office on a Friday, and all sorts of online get-togethers and shenanigans (if that’s your thing..?). Most importantly we invest in our teams skill sets with supported training and certification and we have a commitment to promoting from within and developing you for your future.
Our teams are positive, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and really comfortable with the internal and external collaboration that is core to our business. A desire to constantly expand your skillset should be equally important to you!
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
As an SEO Consultant at Sagittarius, your key responsibility will be to drive the performance of our client’s websites in organic search. In addition to a sound general understanding of search engine optimisation, you will have a specialism and passion for technical SEO, conducting audits and identifying/specifying issues across a broad range of websites, with a focus on the following sectors:
- Home and Garden
- Financial Services
Technical SEO provides the foundation for the performance of the websites we develop and, therefore, sitting within our Multi-Channel Marketing team, you'll play a key role across our portfolio of clients.
Some of the main responsibilities you’ll have in the role will include:
- Working closely with internal and external teams to create SEO strategies that are designed to meet our client’s objectives
- Conducting regular technical audits to identify factors hindering a site’s organic search performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Undertaking in-depth keyword research and query mapping to drive your strategies.
- Conducting link audits to identify opportunities
- Providing actionable guidance to account managers about the priorities discovered through your analysis
- Working closely with our team of developers to oversee the implementation of the solutions you specify
- Feeding into monthly reports that provide clients with meaningful insights that relate to their objectives and prioritisation of work that will drive towards these
- Communication with clients in meetings to discuss your recommendations
- Assist with new business acquisition through technical SEO audits and recommendations
If you're naturally technical, have a good eye for detail, enjoy problem-solving, have critical-thinking skills, have a curiosity about how websites and search engines work, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’d like to talk to.
The key traits we’re looking for in our next Technical SEO Consultant include:
- Sound general knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Understanding of Google algorithms and how they can impact SEO.
- Understanding of schema mark up and its role in highlighting content to search engines.
- Prior knowledge of industry tools (e.g. Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Google Analytics and Search Console)
- A natural curiosity and aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to keep to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player and able to work autonomously
- International SEO experience (hreflang implementation)
- Sitecore CMS experience would be considered an advantage but is not essential.
- Up to £50k p.a. (D.O.E.)
- Private healthcare following your probation period
- Flexible working
- Charity days
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Minimum 3+ years’ experience in SEO with a technical SEO specialism.