...do you love what you do?! Because we do! And when you love what you do, it's easy to create an inspirational environment - it’s a bit loud, pretty relaxed, extremely collaborative and we are constantly trying new technology and integrating the really good stuff.
We start our day with a “stand-up” as a whole team – sharing successes and offering each other solutions for the day ahead.
We have strong relationships with our clients and (in normal times!) we have regular trips out for pizza, beers in the office on a Friday before logging off and social events (if that’s your thing). Most importantly we invest in our teams skill sets with supported training and certification and we have a commitment to promoting from within and developing you for your future.
Our culture is really important to us, and has been pivotal in our success during this fully remote period - and we want it to be important to you too! Our teams are positive, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and really comfortable with the internal and external collaboration that is core to our business. A desire to constantly expand your skillset should be equally important to you.
Purpose of Role
- To be plan, manage / facilitate and execute the delivery of all projects or assignments you have been allocated. Through predefined deadlines and budgets, your role is to ensure all the resources are scheduled for the projects, your project scope is managed and that this is in keeping with the budgets and deadlines imposed. You are responsible for delivering the project and driving this forward with your team.
- All projects must be reported on, managed and documents properly and consistently to maintain our expected delivery standards / accuracy.
- Customer service and customer satisfaction is always a top priority therefore your role is to proactively look for new business opportunities in order to add revenue to your Pod and your pillar.
- Based on the project types within the agency that range from Waterfall and Scrum, you are expected be trained and certified to manage Agile Scrum teams in order to successfully execute the adoption and management style appropriately when called upon.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Owning a predefined client base and being responsible for that client base’s individual and collective projects with Sagittarius Marketing and the profitability of those projects through the operation of clear and concise project management practices
- You will successfully manage a large number of projects, of varying size and complexity, at once.
- Demonstrating time management skills and strong decision making skills in order to manage projects with changing priorities.
- Influencing and motivating – you will be required to manage relationships with colleagues, suppliers and key stake holders in order to co-ordinate projects through to completion.
- Budgeting - you will have the ability to set and plan budgets and manage projects in line with departmental objectives.
- Consistently ensuring the customer service levels are high and that Sagittarius Marketing is a valued partner to its clients
- To provide a weekly report to your Line Manager and the wider business which clearly highlights current projects, revenue/project pipeline, status (R.A.G) and risk management strategies / solutions.
- To work with your fellow Project Managers to ensure that cross selling and upselling opportunities are maximised across the Pods.
- We would expect all of our team members to adhere to and promote our company core values. To take responsibility for the quality and presentation of your own work and environment. To be always looking for new avenues and opportunities for Sagittarius and to accurately record all worked hours against the appropriate client and to report any work requests to the appropriate lead.
- We also expect all team members to promote equality of opportunity, be committed and professional at all times, to comply with the company’s health and safety policy. To be open and interested in new technology and methods of delivering the company’s products and services, and to continually develop personal technical skills and to challenge and stretch boundaries.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A team player.
- Committed to maintaining high standards of accuracy and presentation.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box.
- Embraces and drives a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success of their role and career
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – comfortable working with and presenting to senior management.
- Strong skills in negotiation and stakeholder management.
- Ability to confidently articulate the implications of technical debt and techniques for its removal.
- Proven track record of applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Experience in creating and managing Project plan (milestones, dependencies etc.).
- Experience in how to manage, communicate and report on Scope Management.
- Excellent understanding of DevOps principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment.
- Experienced in generating team dashboards based on metrics such as Burn down and Velocity Responsibilities Include: Guiding the team to be self-organising while promoting an open, honest and respectful environment.
- Guiding the team on Agile methodologies and their associated practices.
- Experience in removing impediments that hinder the team’s productivity.
- Experience in facilitating agile ceremonies, such as daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Excellent understanding of Risk management and mediation plans.
- Experience and understanding of how to create and manage RAPID logs.
- Excellent understanding of budget forecasting / management.
- Experience in using Jira and/or a similar Project Management tool.
Specific Job Skills / Knowledge
- Experienced in working on large value portfolio and big web site projects
- Experience with portfolio management – i.e. understanding the bigger picture and how various workstreams within one account works together
- To have the ability to forward plan and evaluate the impact of integration across businesses and platforms
- An understanding of the cost and consequence of implementation from both a technology and architectural perspective
- Experience of managing and mentoring entry level, mid-level and senior developers, including 1st line HR support for the team
- Ability to document work and projects and report to the leadership and management team
Qualifications / Training
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience within a similar role
- Agile Scrum Certification
- Project Management Certification